Sunday, February 12, 2006

OMG I think this is really happening

A bit overwhelmed right now. We got a packet from a home study agency in the mail today, probably the one we're going with (our agency is just a little too far for them to perform the study themselves, so we have to use someone local).

I always knew about the documents I needed, but today I got a better look at the list of required documents.

ALL FREAKIN 31* OF THEM.

Oh.My.

Good thing about this agency? You know how China requires 4 visits with the agency staff? Well, this agency actually only have 2 in-home visits, then you have to attend a 2 hour training session at their offices, and then you have the session with the "administrative staff" at the office when you dump your entire collection of the aforementioned 31 FREAKING DOCUMENTS on some poor person's desk, and review them with him or her. So that's their 4 meetings, only 2 of which are with your actual social worker.

Listen, I'm not a big fan of 90% of the social workers I've met (and to give you a clue...my mother in law has an MSW), so 2 social worker visits only is JUST FINE WITH ME.

Still can't believe this is happening. I'm just praying that all goes well with the homestudy.

* We're actually going to need more than 31, as an adult sibling is living with us right now. So we'll need documents for said sibling, such as abuse/police record clearances, physical, etc. So it really will be about 36. Sheesh.

No comments: